Saturday, March 9, 2013
Treadmill
Out with the old and in with the new. The treadmill that my in-laws lent me five years ago finally died. I don't know what I would have done without it over the last several years. I think it probably didn't get used only five weeks out of the time we had it at our house. And most weeks it was used three or four times. So it was a pretty trusty machine, but it had been sounding pretty bad for quite some time. It started making really loud noises a little over a year ago. Then it suddenly stopped. Then I realized that the track would no longer stay in the center unless I ran on a slight angle. Since it's a little difficult to do that, it started tearing on the right side. Then I realized that it wasn't clocking my time and distance correctly. I could only get in about five miles an hour on it where I would get in six miles an hour running outside. Then the console started eating the batteries in a matter of days. And just a couple of weeks ago, it finally stopped in the middle of my workout. I was sad because I knew we'd have to fork over the money to get a new one, but at the same time, I was really excited to get a new one. And as you can see, I wasted no time and got me a Proform 850T for a pretty good deal. I didn't, however, make sure it would fit in our back room. After pretty much disassembling the thing, removing two doors in our house, and putting several scratch marks in the walls, we managed to maneuver it back there. Note to self for future reference: make sure the dimensions will work for your house before buying a new treadmill. Josh said if we ever sell the house, the treadmill is going with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment