Our precious Emma has turned 1 year old. It's hard to believe because she's still so tiny and just started crawling last week. Her birthday was a little different because Josh had scouts, but she didn't know any better and probably enjoyed it even more having it dragged out over a few days.
We started the celebration with the Smith side of the family on Sunday. I made pudding poke cupcakes and we let her have at one. She loved it! As a matter of fact, every time we glanced away, she stole another one. I think she ended up eating three cupcakes all by herself and would have had more had we let her. She's a girl after my own heart. She also put on a show while eating because she heard music playing on Grandpa's iPad. So she starting moving her shoulders to the beat while smiling and shoving cake in her mouth. It was pretty cute.
Then on Monday, we invited Grandma and Grandpa Bohman over and had her official birthday cake. After the previous night, she knew what was in front of her and wanted it badly. We were doing all we could to get a picture of her near the cake without having her grab handfuls of it. She was in tears until we distracted her with the smarties on the table. The sunshine cake was Josh's idea and thankfully turned out cute. I was just excited to put the mini M&M's on it because Emmalyn had eaten some on Valentine's Day and loved them.
On her real birthday, we let her open her presents. I guess I should say we let the other girls open presents for her. They were almost more excited than she was. Since Josh had scouts in the evening we didn't do much else, but I made sure to have some play time with her and tried to make her day exciting.
Our special little Emmalyn has been such a joy in our lives. We love her cute little personality. My personal favorite is when she blows us kisses, but everything about her makes us smile.


No comments:
Post a Comment