Monday, March 4, 2013

The State Capitol


Right now Josh is helping his scouts work on their citizenship in the nation merit badge. Well, one of the things he planned on doing was taking them on a tour of the State Capitol. Before doing so, he wanted to run through it himself, so we decided to go there as a family.On our drive there, Sadie kept telling us that she couldn't wait to see what it looked like. I was afraid she was going to be disappointed, so I wasn't very surprised when the first thing she said when she saw the Capitol was that it didn't look like she thought it would. I was, however, surprised that the second thing out of her mouth was that she thought the top would be square, not round. I was also very relieved that that seemed to be the only problem with the exterior, but I was still nervous that they were going to think the rest of the experience was pretty boring.


Again, to my surprise, they seemed to love it. I did too. The only time I had been in the Capitol was when I was at Junior Prom in high school. We got to see some pretty cool stuff.


And Josh was in his element. I think that's what made it so exciting for the girls. His excitement just rubbed off on them. When we left, Josh asked what their favorite parts were. Kali said it was the murals on the inside of the rotunda. Sadie said it was the stairs and the beehives. And Ashlyn said the beehives too. Josh pointed a couple of them out to the girls in the beginning and told them that they were all over in the capitol. Then when Ashlyn found them on her own, she got so excited. She'll probably never forget what a beehive is.

No comments:

Post a Comment