Kali is growing up so fast. She is already nine. This year her birthday fell on a Saturday so everyone was home to share in the fun. In the morning she opened presents. Then she got a haircut. Then she played with her sisters and her toys.
She also spent some time trying out her sewing machine. I hadn't given her any instructions and next thing I knew, she had already sewn a pillow for her Barbies.
I told her several times that I wasn't going to do anything fancy for her cake after her eighth birthday. Yet she somehow managed to talk me into doing something and this is what we ended up with. It was a bit of a challenge but turned out pretty cute as long as you don't look too close. Family came over to spend the evening with us and she was in heaven.
A couple of the things we love about Kali. She loves to be the center of attention which means she's willing to try anything new. She's very driven and likes to be good at everything. Her determination and drive have allowed her to excel in many areas. She is an excellent writer and very intelligent. She's dependable and very sensitive to the spirit. On the other hand, she's still a kid at heart. She loves princesses and dolls and doesn't want to ever grow up. She is such a good example to her younger sisters and a big help to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment