Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gingerbread Houses


We spent the evening tonight participating in the Smith tradition of making gingerbread houses. Josh's entire family participates and the girls really look forward to it. Kali is finally old enough that she was able to put a lot of effort into making a pretty cool house. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her finished product. It had a carport and a little balcony over it. Ashlyn liked making her house so much that I caught her sucking on the frosting bag. Okay, so maybe she liked the candy and frosting more than the house.


Josh and I also made one this year. Someone suggested that we make a village with our gingerbread houses and that everyone should pick a different building so we did a schoolhouse. Josh tried to help, but I pretty much took over. I love this kind of stuff. The only thing I don't like about this kind of stuff is that I never have enough time to do everything I want to. I had to hurry to put the finishing touches on, but it turned out pretty cute in the end. Too bad you can't see the benches inside the schoolhouse that I spent the majority of my time working on. Our village consisted of a nativity scene, a ship, a Christmas tree, a temple and our schoolhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment