Kali is officially eight now. She woke up to some very exciting presents this year too. Sadie picked out a cute fairy dress-up costume for her. Ashlyn gave her a heart necklace that she really wanted for herself. And Josh and I gave her an iPod nano.
We had a fun day listening to music, painting nails and doing makeup. Then we invited her cousin over for a playdate. For dinner, Kali chose Cafe Rio. I wasn't about to argue because it meant I wouldn't have to cook.
And then in the evening we invited family over for cake and ice cream.
Some of the things we love about Kali:
She is very friendly and likes to have fun. She is such a good big sister. She loves playing with her sisters and especially likes to help take care of Emma. I think Kali is Emma's favorite person next to me. She's very smart. Not only is she a quick learner, but she retains information very well too. She always wants to do her best and because of that she is sometimes very hard on herself. She's also very sensitive which makes her quick to forgive and quick to recognize the spirit. And last of all, she isn't afraid to try new things. As a matter of fact, if it involves climbing or anything physically challenging, she jumps at the opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment