Saturday, October 26, 2013

Carving Pumpkins


Today we carved pumpkins, one of my favorite activities and one of Josh's least favorite activities. The girls fall somewhere in between. Sadie doesn't like digging out the insides. Kali enjoys most of the process, and Ashlyn is young enough that she was just focused on separating the seeds from the pulp. I was just glad Josh was willing to fix my mistakes and fill in where needed. I broke Ashlyn's stem before getting the top off and I couldn't work on Sadie's while helping Kali. So he got Ashlyn's top off, helped Sadie, and then roasted the seeds. I also loved that the weather was nice enough that we were able to do our carving out on the deck. It sure made for a much easier clean up.


But my most favorite thing this go around was the finished product. I think these pumpkins are the best we've done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment