It's soccer time again! We missed out on soccer with Kali this year because she chose to do gymnastics instead. And this may be the last year we do it with Sadie. The schedules are just getting too hectic. It's unfortunate because Josh and I both have a love for soccer. One particular game this season, Sadie's coach asked her if she wanted to play goalie. Of course she said yes. I immediately felt nervous for her knowing that she didn't have a clue about what she needed to do let alone what she could and could not do as goalie. So I ran over to her and gave her a quick run down.
She didn't do too bad considering the first time she went for the ball, one of the kids kicked her hand and the ref didn't do anything about it. If I would have been in her shoes, I probably would have been too afraid to try and stop any more balls. But she kept at it. They still scored a few goals on her, but she gave it a valiant effort.
Sadie also got to play with Weston again this year. I love this picture of the two of them playing defender. I don't think they won a single game, but they ran a lot and seemed to enjoy themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment