Friday, June 28, 2013

Stealing


Last night, while moving the laundry from the washer to the dryer, I found a watch. We had seen it at the store the previous day while shopping. Immediately I knew one of the girls had hidden it in their pocket to bring home. All three of them thought the watches were cute and were begging to buy them. I refused because they cost $12.95 a piece (way too much money for a child's watch). After approaching the girls about the stolen watch, Ashlyn admitted to the wrong doing by saying she was sorry. I knew it was time to teach her a lesson and hopefully help her keep from making this mistake in the future. We talked about how we needed to go back to the store and tell them what she had done and that she would need to apologize. Then we would have to pay for the watch because it had gone through the wash and she would have to do extra jobs for me to earn the money to pay for it. Needless to say, she was pretty devastated by the situation and really struggled to say she was sorry. I almost shed a few tears making her apologize to the store clerk, but if you can't tell from the picture, she sure felt better afterward. She even lucked out because the clerk said we didn't have to pay for the watch if we didn't want to because it was still working. I was more than happy to give it back, although Ashlyn was a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment