Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gymnastics

I finally found a gymnastics class for Kali that's a relatively reasonable price. She has been wanting to do gymnastics every since we watched a U of U gymnastics meet a couple of years ago. The only problem is that most places only do tumbling unless you want to spend a fortune. And tumbling doesn't do the bars and beams which is the reason that Kali wanted to do gymnastics in the first place. I knew she'd be amazing at it because she's such a monkey and has no fear of heights and twisting and tumbling, but it was even better when I saw her at her first class. It was like a light went on in her. They split the girls into two groups based on their cartwheels and she was put in the more experienced group. Since then, she has been asked several times if she has done gymnastics before because of how well she's doing (all the other girls in her group have done gymnastics previously). It'll be fun to see where she's at after the seven week session is over.

1 comment: