What a day! After learning from our mistakes in the past, Josh didn't go on a single ride other than the water ones and the Rocket in order to avoid getting sick and we left Emma with Grandma since the park wouldn't be any fun for her. So I got to spend all day enjoying the rides with the girls. Kali and I went on a ton of fast rides. Unfortunately, the Samurai scared her to death. She rode on it last year with me, but this year we weren't able to be seated by each other. She said if that happened again, she would refuse to go on the ride. Thankfully it didn't scare her enough to not want to go on any of the other rides. I just can't believe she thought the Samurai was scarier than Wicked. I did notice that after going on all those rides, I was starting to get a headache. I think I'm just getting old and my body doesn't recoup quite so easily.
Sadie needs to grow another three inches in order to be able to go on all the fast rides so she had to settle for the kiddie ones again this year. She was, however, just barely tall enough to ride the Bat. She was so excited to go on it but told me she didn't really like it after we got off. Later in the day she changed her mind and decided it was pretty cool. Ashlyn could go on all the rides with Sadie other than the Bat, but she doesn't quite have the courage that Sadie and Kali have. She chickened out of most the rides unless they were the really little, slow-going rides. Thankfully she still seemed to enjoy the day. In fact, she had so much fun that she wore herself out and fell asleep on Josh's head while he was giving her a shoulder ride. I wish I would have taken a picture of it.
Our day was going wonderfully until this happened. This would be my phone. I thought several times that I should take my phone out of my pocket and put it in a locker for the fast rides, but after not having a problem on a couple of rides, I no longer worried about it. However, as Josh said to me, "Wicked lived up to it's name." My phone fell out of my pocket some time while riding Wicked. I'm just shocked that the employees were able to locate it. It's obviously a regular occurrence because when I asked what I should do, they immediately told me a time to return. The employee told me they would stop the ride and run a check. When I went back to see what they found, the guy had a hat full of phones and I had to identify mine.
Thankfully we were able to finish the day out strong. It's become kind of a tradition for the girls to run through the splash pad just before heading home. They love being able to cool off and it was very much needed since I think the high ended up being 105 degrees. The only benefit to the heat was that the park didn't seem quite as crazy as it usually is. Probably because no one wanted to sweat all day long like we did. But it my eyes, it was well worth it. And I'm sure the girls would agree.

+2013.jpg)
+2013.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment