Valentine's Day was a little different this year. Sadie got a random fever the day before so she had to miss out on all the fun. She was, however, a really good sport about it. I felt really bad and went ahead and finished her valentine box, the pig, anyway and sent her valentines to school with Kali. Thankfully her teacher was really thoughtful and collected a bag full of valentines from her classmates. She lit up when Kali brought them home for her.
Josh and I gave each of the girls a large sticker book where you put faces on people as well as a coupon for an ice cream date with Dad. Both were a big hit. The girls also got into the spirit of giving. Before I even said a single word to Kali that morning, she came up to me and said, "Happy Valentine's Day" and gave me that huge heart with the I Love You hand glued on it. Sadie also had a valentine prepared and had been talking about it all week long. Unfortunately, she couldn't find it on Valentine's Day. She was in tears, but I assured her it was okay and that it would eventually show up. Later in the day she informed me that she had a new valentine for Josh and I and that it was a hug. I thought that was very thoughtful of her. I did end up finding her valentine stashed away in a drawer in the playroom even though she insisted she had put it on her bed the night before. Who knows how it got there. Silly girl. We also worked on heart flowers earlier in the week to give to grandmas and grandpas and drove around to delivered them on Valentine's Day. I think it ended up being one of the girls' favorite parts about the day because I let them ring the doorbells and run. Ashlyn even participated this year and thought it was great. Now she wants to do that every time we go to visit grandmas and grandpas.
Kali also had a unique Valentine's Day because not only did she get the usual valentines, but one of the boys in her class gave her a special valentine too. It was a box full of candy and a card from him. She was very kind to him about it but said that he acted very shy after he gave her the box. I'm just glad that she's not old enough yet for me to need to be too concerned about it. Although, I do know that that particular boy isn't her only admirer. Earlier in the week all the kids in her class made valentines during art that they were supposed to give to a classmate. When I picked her up from school, her friend was saying that no one gave her a valentine but that Kali got valentines from all the boys. I didn't think much of it until I found her stash the next day at home. She got four or five from the boys in her class. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. If so, we're going to have our hands full.
No comments:
Post a Comment