Monday, August 20, 2012
Service Activity
For family home evening each week we do a lesson and then we let the girls take turns giving a spiritual thought and picking an activity for us to do afterward. Usually the activity is something like play a game, go on a bike ride, watch a short movie, play basketball, etc. But this week Kali came up with the idea of going around the neighborhood and picking up garbage. Both Kali and Sadie could hardly wait to do it and I have to admit that it turned out to be quite a fun experience.
I thought they would quickly get bored and just wander around and play, but they were so focused on finding trash that they didn't want to stop. Their bags were full by the end and Ashlyn even helped. As a matter of fact, every time I drive by the areas we cleaned, she tells me how she helped Daddy pick up garbage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment