Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Girls


My babies are growing up so fast. Kali is now in 2nd grade. She got a new teacher this year which isn't normal for her school. The teachers stay with their class for two years, but her teacher from last year moved to the new Entheos out in Magna. He was such a good teacher that she was worried no one would be as amazing as him. Well, so far her new teacher, Ms. Lundgreen, has done a fabulous job. She seems to have a lot of fun with the kids and also gets them excited about learning. And so far the majority of what Kali tells me school-related has to do with her fun cool teacher.


And Sadie is now in kindergarten. She looks too little to be in kindergarten, but I know she's so ready for it. A couple of days ago I found out that she though she'd be at school all day long. She was pretty disappointed when I  told her that she'd have to wait until after lunch to go to school and was having a hard time understanding why. It didn't even dawn on me that she assumed she would be doing what Kali did last year as a 1st grader. Also, I was getting a little nervous about how she'd handle her first day because Sadie tends to be a little more shy and timid than Kali ever was. So when it came time to drop her off, I asked her if she'd like me to go in with her or just drop her off at the door. She told me that she would like me to get out of the car and give her a hug and then she'd go in by herself. I thought that sounded like a pretty good idea. I was more than happy to give her a hug and it sounded like she was ready to go off on her own. When I actually dropped her off, though, I saw every kindergarten child enter the building with their parent and was getting a little worried. But Sadie still seemed to want to stick with her plan. Just to calm my nerves, I told her to find her teacher first thing and give her a hug (her teacher hugs everyone). I still felt a little nervous driving away, but when I went to pick her up, she seemed just fine, like she'd been doing it for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment