Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Provo Freedom Run


Josh and I signed up for the Provo freedom run this year, partly because we thought it would count for his work's fitness goals this quarter. But we ended up finding out that it wouldn't count unless it was a half marathon, and it's not. Josh did the 5K and I did the 10K.


It still worked out fine because my goal this year is to do the Provo half marathon in October and this was a good mid-progress goal to work toward. I've jogged more than a 10K plenty of times on my own, but it was nerve racking to actually participate in a race. I was so nervous that I was practically drenched in sweat before the race even began. Thankfully I was pleased with my outcome. I finished in 61 minutes which means I ran just under a 10 minute mile. Josh obviously finished first and did awesome. Last year he had to walk during part of his run and this year he ran the whole way. And because he finished first, he was able to get a picture of me crossing the finish line. Now it's time to focus on my October goal. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment