Thanks to a friend, I got the wonderful idea of throwing a Candy Land themed birthday party for Sadie. She's our little sweet tooth so it was perfect for her. A lot of time and preparation went into a short two hours of fun, but I think it ended up turning out pretty cute.
The kids started off by creating their own large characters to use while playing a large version of the game. All of them turned out so unique and so cute and they had so much fun making them.
Then they played the game. I simply made large squares that instructed the kids to do fun little things to keep them laughing and playing with each other. Unfortunately the kids got a little distracted toward the end and became more interested in playing with the toys in the toy room. It would have worked a lot better outside, but it had become quite windy and we were worried the game would just blow away. Oh well, you live and learn.
The path led to a huge golden castle and the winner got a gigantic lollipop.
Then we moved on to more candy!!! I made a pinata that looked like a big piece of candy (which was way too much work) and filled it over half full of candy. The sad thing is that the candy ended up being too heavy and after two kids hit it, it broke in half. Thankfully the kids didn't mind. They were excited to fill their bags full of candy and then beat the broken pinata on the ground.
And last of all, the kids got to enjoy some brightly frosted cupcakes with fun candies on top. Needless to say, I sent a bunch of little kids home on sugar highs with bags full of candy. They couldn't have been more excited. And what a way to celebrate a birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment