Monday, April 16, 2012
Bike Rides
Last summer we began a tradition of going on short bike rides as a family to a nearby church and then playing a game of freeze tag. We would often do it as our family home evening activity and bring marshmallows along for our treat. Then we would have our family scripture study and head home. The girls loved it so much that they asked to do it several times during the winter too. Well today, we were finally able to give it a try again. Unfortunately we ran into a few problems. Emma can't ride in our trailer until she's a little older so I had to push her in a stroller. And Sadie is too big to be in the trailer with Ashlyn so she now has to ride a bike. The ride to the church is all uphill so we changed our route to a small park nearby (it was even a tough ride for Sadie, but it worked out since I was walking). When we got there, Sadie reminded me that I forgot to bring the marshmallows. And then because it was a park, the girls played on the swings and slide instead of playing tag. To sum it up, I think our tradition has changed. But I'm sure the girls will look forward to this new version just as much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment