Monday, April 2, 2012

Andrew

My cousin, Andrew, was tragically killed in an accident at the age of sixteen. It's always hard to lose someone and especially at such a young age. But if you could be happy about anyone moving on, that's how I feel about Andrew. He was such a good kid that I have no doubt he is in a much better place and will receive every possible blessing Heavenly Father has in store for him. One of my favorite memories of him was from the year I got married. It also happened to be the year he got baptized. Grandma Bair lived in California at the time and was only able to travel to Utah for one family event. She chose to come to my wedding and Andrew was a little disappointed. My punishment for Grandma having to miss his baptism is that he asked me to speak at his baptism. It was so cute. I was more than happy to oblige and ended up really enjoying my preparation for the talk. That's the kind of person he was, good-natured and kind-hearted and he lived a gospel-centered life.

No comments:

Post a Comment