Monday, March 5, 2012
Labor and Delivery
Because of my high blood pressure, my doctor decided to induce me early. I couldn't have been more happy. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am after a poor night's sleep. The nurses got me hooked up to the pitocin and the group B strep antibiotic by 6:30. My doctor came in and broke my water around 8:00 and I got my epidural about an hour later. Unfortunately it didn't work on the right side. But it was much more doable than with Ashlyn where the epidural didn't take at all. When I was fully dilated, my doctor wasn't ready to come in because another patient of his was also fully dilated. Eventually I won out because Emmalyn's vitals were declining--she had the cord wrapped around her neck. He quickly delivered her at 11:49am and everything was fine. Emma did cry quite a bit though. Josh and I couldn't seem to find a way to console her for quite some time. But eventually she did calm down. You would think it would become routine by baby number four, but every time I hold that new precious child, I'm overcome with a feeling of happiness. She weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment