You might be wondering why I posted a picture of her with green beans for this blog entry, but it's because she loves to help me snap green beans for dinner and loves to eat them raw (not my cup of tea). She has an obsession with the garbage man and calls every truck or loud noise the garbage man, yet she is terrified of loud noises. She is also obsessed with tissues. She would empty an entire box in a day using every single tissue to wipe her nose if I let her. She needs a tissue to cry, a tissue to blow her nose, a tissue after she has coughed, a tissue for comfort, etc. I probably won't have to worry about her getting sick very often. She also loves chapstick. I have to hide mine from her because she'll mutilate it. Just putting it on her lips isn't enough.
She's very polite and has been from day one. She almost always remembers to say "please" and always says "kayku" which is "thank you". Hugs solve everything for her. Even if you've just gotten mad at her, she wants to give you a hug. Kali and Sadie benefit from that just as much as Josh and I do. She's a climber, yet she's afraid of heights. I don't quite know how that one works. She loves books and actually allows me to read them before turning the pages. She's a good eater and a good sleeper, as long as she can do it on her own. Try to feed her and she won't eat a thing. Try to hold her to get her to sleep and it'll never happen. She's very good at expressing herself and loves her big sisters. Ashlyn is a ton of fun and we just can't get enough of her.
I love that she helps you snap peas -- what a precious memory to have ;)
ReplyDelete