Monday, October 17, 2011

The Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Sadie and Kali both have parts in their upcoming primary program that refer to the temple. Sadie's says, "I am  thankful for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that it's so close to my home." When I started helping her learn her part, I asked if she remembered the Oquirrh Mountain Temple (we had a family home evening there about a year ago). Well, she couldn't remember it so we decided that we needed to have another family home evening lesson there.


This time we did a question / answer session on our drive there to help the girls better understand the purpose of the temple and what we do there. When we got there, Josh showed them a slide show of the three other temples you can see from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple grounds and pointed them out.  He also showed the St. George temple because we've been there several times. We finished the evening off with scriptures and hot chocolate. It was super fun, one of my favorite family home evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment