Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Our Thanksgiving holiday was very relaxing this year. I was on roll duty and felt a little guilty for it so I made some homemade feather rolls in addition to Terrel's delicious freezer rolls and threw together Hungry Bear Pie as well. If you don't know what that is, it's made with graham crackers, dry jell-o and applesauce, cool whip, and chocolate sprinkles. Only those of us that grew up on it like it. It must be an acquired taste.

Gale and Todd hosted the gathering at their house and the meal turned out amazing. All but Sara, Kevin, and Brian's families were there. And then Todd and Gale have a fun hill in their back yard for sledding so the girls got suited up and spent an hour having a blast.

Later in the day we spent some time with Josh's parents and Brady and then visited Grandpa Smith. After this year's Thanksgiving, I'm thinking I might actually have a favorite holiday. Turkey dinner is one of my favorite meals, and when you get to enjoying with good company in a relaxing environment, it's all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment