Monday, September 23, 2013

Church History Museum


For family home evening, we decided to go to the Church History Museum. Just after we got out of the van and started walking a man driving a horse and carriage offered us a ride for free since we were just going around the corner. Our girls were in heaven...at least all but Emma. She was a little nervous about the whole experience.


The museum was great too. I personally enjoyed the section on the later day prophets. It had iPads set up near each prophet with things to scroll through. They also had pictures showing the prophets at a very young age and then a couple more as they were growing up as well as personal items. It just felt like I understood their personalities a little better. Kali and Sadie are old enough now that they were very interested in what we saw in the normal part of the museum too. They spent time trying to learn new things and asked thoughtful questions. A couple of times they were so distracted that I had to go find them because we were far ahead with the younger ones. I think they forgot that there was a kid area. We saved it until the end and all the girls loved it. They danced, fished, dressed up dolls, lifted plates, abridged plates, built temples, picked food from a garden and set the table. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment