Monday, October 29, 2012

Carving Pumpkins


Pumpkin carving is one of my favorite parts of Halloween. However, it has turned out to be a lot of work over the last several years while helping our kids carve their own pumpkins and usually I just end up frustrated. This year was different for some reason. I think it's because our kids are getting older. Kali was able to carve her pumpkin's face all by herself. I only did the opening. Sadie did a great job too. She carved out the face, but we just had to make the lines a little straighter so that we could actually punch them out.


Ashlyn was a completely different story, but what else do you expect from a two-year-old. She wanted to poke holes in her pumpkin by herself. I kept trying to convince her to wait until I could help her, but after a while I finally gave up and let her stab her pumpkin several times with a pencil. It kept her entertained for quite some time and then we carved the face on the opposite side.


No comments:

Post a Comment