While down in Fairview, the Wood Hollow Fire started. It was crazy to see a fire so close. I don't ever think I've seen a fire that size so close. My camera couldn't capture it at night, but it was very scary looking. So much so, that I was afraid to go to sleep that night for fear it would get too close to us during the night.
Thankfully it didn't, but by the next day, Highway 89 was closed which was the route we needed to take to get home. We had to go around through Gunnison instead. Only a few days later the entire town of Fairview was evacuated. I feel so bad for the people there. We attended church while there and you could tell that the fire was weighing heavily on the people in the town. Their prayers were very sincere. I hope the fire is contained quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment