Sunday, January 1, 2012

Chapstick Girl

I think I mentioned before that Ashlyn has an obsession with chapstick, but I'm not sure I've written about the full extent of her obsession. When I finally realized that she would mutilate my chapstick every time I gave it to her, I began hiding them from her. She was a little too smart and always seemed to find the places I would hide them. Then she'd insist I put it on her lips. One swipe, unfortunately, wasn't enough. She would tell me, "I need it." When I refused to give it to her, she would throw a massive temper tantrum. So I thought of a solution. Why not give her a couple of her own chapsticks for Christmas! She ended up getting a couple from her aunt on Christmas Eve too and oh boy was this girl in heaven. She hardly cared for her other presents as long as she had her chapsticks and candy. The only problem is that she has become inseparable from them. She has to have them all the time and most of the time she has to have multiple ones at a time. Then she smears them all over her lips  and walks around with them. I've given up on keeping the lids on because they're useless. Now the problem is that I'm finding greasy little finger prints or gobs of chapstick on everything. Who knew chapstick could be such a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment