Monday, September 12, 2011

Blue Thunder


This soccer season turned out to be quite a whirlwind. We were asked to coach Sadie's team. I didn't really want to because of the time commitment it would involve, but it was the perfect year for us to do it so we gave in. It turned out to be quite fun. We had a cute group of kids, twelve in all. I suggested the team name of Blue Thunder and all the kids voted that that was their favorite name. I think we lost every game by 20 or more points, but whenever we asked the kids who was having fun, they all raised their hands and shouted, "Me!!!" Soccer isn't really Sadie's forte yet, but I know she looks forward to it because she's always asking when she gets to start soccer. I don't know if it's the uniforms, or the attention, or what, but at least she goes out there and runs around. She's also very proud of the few times she kicks the ball, as are we.

1 comment:

  1. this brings back memories of our soccer days ;) go dinamos or something like that~

    ReplyDelete