Saturday, September 10, 2011
Birthdays
For Josh's birthday this year, we surprised him with breakfast--french toast. Sadie came up with the idea because Josh will occasionally make us french toast on Saturday mornings. And since it reminds her of dad and she likes to eat it, there couldn't be a better combination. All three girls made him cards and we had a birthday present waiting for him on his plate. We also made him cupcakes the night before so we could surprise him, but he came home from work just as I was cleaning up the mess. The girls tried to keep him in the garage, but finally I told him to come in to act surprised when we brought them out. Sadie unfortunately couldn't keep the secret and I later learned she had told him weeks before what his birthday present was.
My birthday turned out to be a real treat. Josh surprised me by taking me out to lunch at The Olive Garden. Then he got permission to work the rest of the day from home so that I could relax. And for a present, I got a patio umbrella, which I have been wanting for quite some time now. The day turned out better than I could have hoped for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment