Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Float Preview
All of the floats that were going to be in the parade on the 24th were on display at the South Towne Expo Center for a couple of days this week. I guess they do it every year but I never knew it because my stake hasn't ever had a float in the parade until now. It was so much fun. We got to go and see all the floats up close, learn why they chose their specific theme and even see the progression of the float-making process through pictures and posters. It was even fun for the kids because some of the floats had activities such as face painting, free candy, balloon making, etc. to participate in.
We also got to vote for our favorite float and my stake won the people's choice award. I think we're going to have to make a tradition out of going to the float preview.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment