Today the kids were learning about pets at preschool. Grandma asked Sadie if she would bring Goldie, our goldfish, to show. Sadie was really excited and even got to feed her (the girls insist it's a girl).
We got Goldie about a year ago when someone at Josh's work was giving away free goldfish. Josh thought it would be fun for the girls. I grew up with enough fish that I knew how much work was involved in keeping their tanks clean. Yuck! I insisted that if we were to keep it, Goldie was his responsibility. Needless to say, we kept the fish. And here we are a year later and can't believe how big the fish has gotten and that it hasn't died. Goldfish are a tough breed. Josh was right, though, the girls do love that we have a pet, even if it is just a goldfish.
No comments:
Post a Comment