Saturday, January 12, 2013

Kali's Baptism


Today was a very special day for our family. Kali got baptized. I am so proud of her and her decision. She is such a good person and did so much to prepare. She studied scriptures about baptism, she she bore a heart-felt testimony twice in sacrament meeting over the last few months, she has practiced fasting a handful of times, and most importantly, she knows and understands the covenant.


Despite all the stress I felt during the day in trying to make everything turn out perfect, Kali was very excited and happy. Before her baptism, all she could talk about was how excited she was. She said she was only nervous that her feet would come out of the water and that she'd have to be baptized again. She thought that would be embarrassing. We told her that it wouldn't be that big of a deal but she was determined not to let it happen. So she asked Josh to stand on her feet in the water, which he did, and she was baptized only once without any problems. She said the water wasn't as warm as she thought it would be, but she still felt the spirit and I did too. I felt it very strong during Hannah's talk. She talked about Christ's baptisms and shared what happened afterward. She explained that Heavenly Father said, "This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased..." and then talked about how Heavenly Father was pleased with Christ and with Kali for her decision to be baptized. I felt the same way. I was pleased with her decision and I knew that Heavenly Father was too.


Our house isn't big enough to have all the family over, so we reserved our church for after the baptism and had fun visiting and eating snacky foods.


We decorated with pink flowers (Kali's favorite) and pictures of Kali that Danielle had taken at the Salt Lake Temple. It almost looked like a wedding reception. At first I felt a little dumb that it may have been over the top, but as long as it made it memorable and made her more excited to one day get married in the temple, then it was all worth it.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot believe she is 8 already! How neat and what good parents that she understands so readily what her baptism really means!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's crazy how much time has gone by since you guys moved, and from what I can gather, you've moved even farther. Hope all is going well. If you're ever in town, let us know. We'd love to get together.

      Delete