Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Grader

I thought Kali was going to be so excited to be in first grade and no longer have just a half day of school, but I was wrong. Instead she got sad. She was worried that she wouldn't ever see us. I had to assure her that we'd still have plenty of time together and that she'd have the entire weekend off. She was still a little unsure of how she felt and didn't seem to be looking forward to the new school year until we met her teacher and his aide. They were so nice to her. They took her on a tour of the classroom and showed her the class pet (a tortoise). After that, all she could think about was starting school. Her first week went wonderfully and she's just as excited about first grade as she was on her first day back. Hopefully the excitement continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment