Monday, January 17, 2011

Hansel and Gretel Opera


Capitol Theatre was showing the German opera Hansel and Gretel and I got to go to it with Molly. I haven't been to an opera in a long time. Actually, I've only been to one, and it was Romeo and Juliet. This one was so much fun. I don't know if it was because it's a much more light-hearted story line or if it had more to do with the performers, but it felt a lot like a musical to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks Molly for taking me.

I was a little nervous about being away from Ashlyn that long because she's still nursing and is such a momma's girl. But thankfully Josh was home and able to watch her. I always stress less when he can tend. He's more familiar with the girls' habits and routines and is such a good dad. I know that the evening wasn't a peace of cake for him, but he managed and I had a really nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment